Scofflaw Nail Varnish David Bowie's Bulge

Thursday, September 5, 2013


David Bowie has a very special place in my heart and has for a very long time. I recognize that Bowie is talented musically but my fondness for Bowie stems from his role as Jareth the Goblin King in Labyrinth. Labyrinth could have possibly been the first movie I enjoyed as a kid that wasn't an animated Disney movie. It still remains one of my all-time favourite movies. I even own the soundtrack and listen to it regularly; I love listening to it while I paint.

gif from here
Is that you looking at my nails, Bowie?
David Bowie's Bulge is a really interesting polish. The colour combination is great (inspired by Ziggy Stardust face paint no doubt) with an orange-red base and various sizes of teal glitters as well as red glitter. Application is wonderful with no need to fish for glitters; it's opaque in two coats.
I was so happy to have the perfect colour to pair with this polish - Butter London's Slapper. It couldn't be a better compliment to David Bowie's Bulge. I was reluctant to remove this mani because I was so pleased as punch with how well the two polishes went with each other. I applied INM's Northern Lights to add a little more pizzazz!!! Hehe.




And how about a little Flight of the Conchords' Bowie?

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.